Wednesday, June 13, 2012

47 Bottles of Beer on the Wall...

Is it possible to substitute shots of Tequila in this song?
I won't tell, I promise...

Only 47 shots left until the next vote.

This week has been an eventful if not fearful week.

Remember that scary driver I told you that I have to work with this vote?
That driver told me that I was not allowed to ride that driver's bus to our relief point, that I had to ride another and meet that driver later.
Turns out I'm not allowed to ride with that driver because of my gender and race.

I asked around about that driver and got some history.
It would appear there is an abundance of "history" and I'm not the first to feel this driver's racist and sexist wrath.

I arrived at my pick up point a few minutes too early and when the bus arrived, I boarded.
I didn't realize I was about 5 minutes early or that I'd met this driver's bus by accident until it was too late and I was boarding.
The driver gave me a look, rolled the eyes and made a few "under the breath" colourful remarks.

I hid in the back corner the whole ride out and got off early to wait for the next bus with hopes of making it out alive.
Of course the damage was already done and that driver came nearly 10 minutes late to our "relief point" (usually a minute or two early) and while riding back, placed a few phone calls within my earshot to that driver's supervisory friends.
Those calls have resulted in my harassment the last couple of days.

I'd spoken to my supervisor mentor and a couple of other supervisors I've grown to trust.
They all want me to file a report and "grievance."
My fear is that because I'm the less "senior" in this instance, I'll be banished to Boulder or East Metro and I can't afford to work that far from home.
That hardship will cost me my job.

Somebody else's hatred: racism & sexism will cost me my job.

So I'm going to have to watch my Ps & Qs, dot my Is and cross my Ts for the next 47 days and pray to God that I don't arrive at work early either!
I need to lay low, roll with the punches and hide under a rock for the next few weeks until I can get out of this driver's sight and out of mind.

Jeesh...
I'm not a drinker, can't stand it really but I sure could use those 47 shots of Tequila right now!

As Always, "Welcome aboard, Grab a Shot, Find your seats - Let's Roll!"

No comments:

Post a Comment