Wednesday, February 8, 2012

It Just Ain't Fare!

My new routes take me through a bunch of park n rides, stations and light rail stations.
And whether it's because of all the cut backs or the simple fact that they are busy stations, lately I've had a ton of fare inspectors, both uniformed and plain clothed hop on my routes.
I think they've learned that the low hanging fruit is plentiful on my routes as they usually hop off within a stop or two to hand out tickets!

I'll tell you the correct fare and remind you that I'm not authorized to waive the fare giving free rides.
I'll also leave you to make the choice whether to board and ride with out having provided the correct fare or proper proof of discount.

The only thing I won't do is point to the fare inspector waiting for your decision.

And while I say this to every passenger who doesn't provide proper fare slash proof, that doesn't mean you can just ignore me and ride for free, those tickets are hefty these days and lately the chances of receiving them on my routes have gone way up to one outta three or four offenders.

So beware folks and kudos to RTD and the fare inspectors for putting the fear of consequences back into those who feel the rest of us owe them a free ride.

As Always, "Welcome aboard, Pay your are, Find your seats - Let's Roll!"

No comments:

Post a Comment