Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Don't Eat Those Berries!

Funny story today.

You know us Drivers joke that this time of year, we're more tree trimmers than bus Drivers.
Most of you understand that.

Well this morning I was leaving a stop and the tree above us reached down and dragged itself across the top of the bus.
I had the roof vent open so berries and leaves flew in from both the top and the side windows.

I hopped on the mic and let everybody know I was trying to pick berries for lunch since they don't feed us here at RTD, I apologized for the mess and folks laughed.

There was a large group of kiddos in the back on whom the majority of the berries and leaves had fallen.
I quickly added on the mic:
"By the way, I wouldn't eat, smell or even touch or look at those berries, they're poisonous!"
Some of the girls who'd been gathering up the berries dropped 'em like they were hot potatoes and screamed & jumped soo loudly you'da thunk they'd just realized those weren't candy bars they'd been pulling outta the toilet bowl!

This got a huge laugh from the rest of the bus and the guys in their group had to explain to these gals that I was just joking.

Yeah....I'm "THAT" Driver!

All in all, a good morning and a good start to my day.

As Always, "Welcome aboard, avoid the foliage, find your seats - Let's Roll!"

No comments:

Post a Comment