Wednesday, August 3, 2011

K-I-S-S-I-N-G

I love my customers.
I love my job.
Many of my passengers can tell and like to thank me.

I get tons of letters (you are more than welcome to write or call in ANY/ALL the time!)
I get candy, cards, bananas....
If you're a regular, I may trust the food you give me but to be honest you can understand why your Drivers need to be cautious when receiving gifts, including food - right?
I've even been given phone numbers - and NO, I didn't call them.
LOL

Well this weekend I received more than all that.
And what I'm about to write is NOT a "Dear Playboy" moment so get your minds outta the gutters, pervs!

I've said before that we have tons of regulars because regardless of the time and day everybody has to get somewhere and most of us work around the clock and around the week.

One of my "regulars" is this really pretty young Lady who always gets on without anything more than a smile for me as she flashes her pass.
She has her ear buds in and never says anything or returns the "Good Morning/Thank You, Ma'am"s I offer.

I even asked, "Would you Marry Me?" one time when she got on and she just smiled and nodded as she went to her regular seat right next to me.
The whole group of regulars in the front of the bus laughed so hard I didn't think we'd ever get back under way.
Even I shed a tear I laughed so hard.

Sometimes (most of the time) I think the kids these days, especially the pretty ones wear those ear buds simply to discourage all the pervs and horn dogs from talking to them and bothering them, etc.

This weekend the Young Lady wasn't at her normal stop.
I'm used to this and I know folks take holidays, vacations, sick days, etc.
But this was an exception for this Young Lady and after an extra 30 seconds sitting at her stop waiting, with a few of the other regulars helping me look around for her, we gave up and started to leave.

I'm the Driver y'all see twisting to the left and right looking down streets and creeping across intersections looking for "runners" and sure enough, as we pulled out there she was, half a block away running for dear life with her arms waving around like she was trying to fly!

I did the double quick tap on my horn and pulled to the opposite corner with my back end sticking out enough for her to see we were waiting so she wouldn't slow down.
And just a few seconds later she tumbled onto the bus, out of breath, crying and laughing at the same time.
She literally fell onto me, wrapped her arms around my neck and gave me this huge, long, kiss on the cheek.
Smearing up my glasses with her makeup and tears.

As she sat down, she explained to us that she's one of those 24 hour live-in nurses for old folks and she does a 3 day stretch every Sat, Sun & Mon for an older lady who goes absolutely crazy if her schedule is upset - like her nurse being late to work!

Her power had gone off the night before during a rain storm and she was late to her stop and she was grateful that I had waited.

As she got off the bus she gave me one last hug, stuck her face in my ear and thanked me and whispered:
"And by the way, I CAN hear with my ear buds in - the answer is yes."

Then she left.

o_O
Um...

I think I peed a little!
ha ha ha

Kidding - sort of

Seriously, If I wasn't old enough to be her father, I would have fallen over dead right there.

BUT that's not the whole story believe it or not.

So far this week my face looks like a pimple factory.
This knock out of a gal who always looks so natural and beautiful wears more makeup than Cleopatra.
It took me the rest of the day to finally get all that smeared makeup off my glasses so I could see while I was driving and so far this week I'm breaking out in reaction to all her makeup on my face.

I feel like I'm 13 again.

As much as I was thrilled with the hugs, the kisses and the sweet nothings whispered in my ear...
I'ma go with: please thank your Driver with cards, calls and letters.
LOL - keep the kissing down to a minimum, Folks!

And to YOU Miss "Mila Kunis" (I call her this because she looks EXACTLY like Mila with her hair down) if you're accidentally reading this - I really did appreciate your show of gratitude, thank you.
Come to work without makeup on this weekend if you're going to be late.
I need to be able to see the road and my glasses were both smeared and steamed up for hours after you got through with me!

As Always, "Welcome aboard, thank your Driver, find your seats - Let's Roll!"

No comments:

Post a Comment