Thursday, October 7, 2010

Let's Give 'Em Something To Talk About!

I almost had a heart attack.

I was talking to a Passenger and she mentioned that she'd read something online about "blah blah blah" but the blah blah blah was what I'd posted here on my blog!

You wanna bet I tried to change the subject and get away from that one.
But of course she took my side of the discussion and  well...
Do I really need to tell you my heart almost jumped outta my throat and off the bus?

So it's good to know y'all are reading this.
I appreciate it.
I do want to remind y'all that this is just me.
Joe Bus Driver.
Not RTD.
While I do work there, EVERYTHING posted in this blog is my opinion, my idea, my feelings, thoughts and actions about customer service, safety, etc.
RTD neither supports nor endorses this blog or anything in it.

Ok, that outta the way.

I noticed that this Passenger seemed to be talking about ideas I'd posted across several posts, not just one or two.

The thing about my posts...
The way I feel about my job, my responsibilities, my Passengers, customer service, etc etc etc...
The way I feel is PASSIONATE.
If y'all haven't noticed!

Seriously.

I'm not just some worker drone who gives lip service to what I post.
I practice this stuff daily.
Hourly and by the minute, by the customer.
By the opportunity.

You may think I'm just a slacker in reality and I'm some blow hard for RTD.
I'm not.
When you ride my bus, you'll know you've bumped into the Driver who writes this.

I don't work hard for the pay (although it's nice to pay the bills and keep my home!)
I don't work hard for the compliments or the praise.

I work hard because I truly believe that's what I'm ALREADY PAID TO DO.
Every minute I'm on the clock and even many when I'm off - is a chance to do something right, well and extra ordinary for the Passenger.

RTD didn't ask me to write this.
Would probably ask me not to as soon as they figure out who I am - if they didn't fire me first.
o_O

I write this because I want to share with y'all what I learn, what I love and what I run into daily.
My tips, tricks and adventures.

I also want you to see that there are Drivers out here who care.
Who are trying to make a difference.
Drivers who are trying to give y'all a better impression than what I've been reading out here on the net.
And I admit, it's an uphill battle.

But I am dedicated to winning that battle, one Passenger at a time.
One minute at a time.

Stay with me.
Don't give up and head to the contractors over in the private sector.
Stick with us, your RTD Drivers.

Keep giving me something to talk about and I'll give y'all something worth hearing.

As always, "Welcome aboard, find your seats - Let's Roll!"

No comments:

Post a Comment