Wednesday, May 16, 2012

70 Bottles of Beer on the Wall...

Ok, so it's not bottles of beer on the wall - it's 70 days in this new vote.
Actually we've knocked three down by driving around so now there are only 67 left.

My bad, sorry - a "vote" is what we're taught to call each of the three schedule cycles that happen each year.
No voting or biding involved but rather than call them the Winter, Summer and Fall Schedules we're taught to call them votes!
But I've digressed...
This current vote started on Sunday and I've relieved my current driver enough now to be counting down the days left in what is - thank God - the shortest vote.
The driver is very unpleasant, grumpy, dirty, inconsiderate and from what I can tell (but I pray I'm wrong) a racist!
I've always caught the buses I relieve, early so that I can ride the route, feel the bus, talk to the driver, and check for detours not listed in our headquarters.
This driver has already told me not to ride his/her bus and I can't argue nor want to just out of fear and disgust!
Listening to the driver's interactions with some of the passengers made me both cringe and want to cry.
And I'm fearful because this is a very senior driver who reminds the passengers constantly of the very long term of service, as if that justifies the behaviour.
But that seniority causes me not to be able to complain about anything and if I did, the union would protect that senior and transfer me to Boulder if not fire me for the "accusations! "
And many of the passengers loved this driver!
I heard lots of thank yous, you're wonderfuls, etc but of course that came from those the driver showed favourtism towards.

So for now I hold my tongue, take a different bus and count the remaining days!

As Always, "Welcome Aboard, Find your seats, 67 Days to go - Let's Roll!"

No comments:

Post a Comment