Friday, August 27, 2010

You Can Ring My Bell.....

It never fails...
In the mornings, we're coming down I-25 in the HOV lane.
Heading into Downtown, coming upon that flyover that takes us to both 19th Street & Union Station.

As soon as we hit the flyover, as soon as we pass that bump in the road where the asphalt turns to concrete...
DING!

Somebody hits the stop request.

So my recommendation - heck, my REQUEST for this year's April Fools prank is for RTD to drop a bench and bus stop sign right next to the 40 mph sign on the curve of the flyover.
Just for the one day - one day only.

PLEASE?

As soon as they hit that bell, I'ma slow down and pretend to open the door.
The bus will go silent and I'm pretty sure they won't hit that bell again until we pull in the Station from then on!
Everybody's gonna be looking at the passenger who pulled the cord like, "Seriously, you want off here?"

ha ha ha ha
Please RTD?
C'mon, you know we won't actually let anybody off on the flyover but it'll be great for a laugh.
I don't even have to stop, just slow down a bit
(everybody will notice and wonder why we're about to stop)
and I can get on the mic and say, "Really? You want this stop?"
For the whole month on April, everytime the bus comes up to the flyover, those passengers will remember that stop and nobody is gonna touch that cord!

Oh yeah, and as always, "Welcome aboard, find your seats - Let's Roll!"

No comments:

Post a Comment