Friday, September 3, 2010

Oh Where Oh Where Has The Little Bus Gone...?

Denver is celebrating the Labor Day Weekend with the Taste Of Colorado.

Downtown in the Civic Center Park they have set up tents and baracades blocking the roads and routes.
Which means that the buses will be detouring all weekend long.

I get sworn at ever time somebody misses his bus or has to be dropped off at an alternate location due to detours.
RTD posts "Rider Alerts" at stops and has a section on their site with detours:
http://www3.rtd-denver.com/elbert/RiderAlerts/index.cfm
(copy/paste that into your browser)
You don't need to read every detour in the system, just look at the routes you use regularly.
And you don't even need to check those links daily.

As a passenger, I used to read the detours of the routes I rode, then forget about it.
I used to ride the 6 all the time.
When I went to a stop and saw all the baracades, or saw that the detour was in place, I knew where to go as an alternate pickup because I'd read the detours pages in the past.
I didn't care about the day to day detours, just knowing where to go kept me from missing my bus and being late to work.
You can do the same, book mark the link I posted above.
Check out your particular routes.
When the day comes there is a detour, you'll know where to go and how to handle it - if you need to leave the house earlier or need to walk a block or two out of your way so you're not late, etc.

If you go downtown this weekend, you'll see that there are obvious detours.
If you know where to go and which stops won't be serviced during the Taste of Colorado and other detours, you won't be surprised this time or the next.

Drivers do their best to accommodate passengers standing lost in the middle of nowhere, we want you to be safe and get to where you need to go.
Just keep your eyes open and your heads up for these changes and detours.

It goes a long way towards allowing us to give you the best service we're able.

And by the way, I know this sounds like a fluff piece for RTD - but it's not.
Y'all know the drill by now, regardless of my love for safety, customer service and keeping y'all informed, everything I post is just my opinion and RTD neither endorses nor supports....
Yeah, anyway...

As always, "Welcome aboard, find your seats - Let's Roll!"

No comments:

Post a Comment