Friday, September 10, 2010

White Lines...

"Ticket to ride, white line highway...
Tell all your friends, they can go my way...
Pay your toll, sell your soul..."
 
All week long I've had this song stuck in my head!
With everybody back from the long Labor Day weekend,
the roads have been packed.
Trying to drive downtown is a nightmare.
 
The lanes are sooo soo narrow that in order to fit between the cars sticking out from the curb to my right, I have to ride that white line to my left.
And still give the other drivers room without encroaching into their lanes.

Like John DeLorean, I'm riding that white line.
Oh no I di'int just go there - yes I believe I did - I made that joke!
 
So I've been like PacMan these last few days and riding those white lines that divide the lanes.
All the while I've been hearing this song from the 80's haunt my head...
And when Passengers pull the cord for their stops, the song always jumps to,
 
"Rang dang diggedy dang di-dang
Rang dang diggedy dang di-dang
Rang dang diggedy dang di-dang
Diggedy dang di-dang diggedy dang di-dang..."

You KNOW it's stuck in your head now too.
You're welcome!
I'm just sharing the love with ya.

As always, "Welcome aboard, find your seats - Let's Roll!"

No comments:

Post a Comment