Thursday, July 15, 2010

Just Some Observations...

We're losing drivers left and right.
Guys not making it past their first year before quitting.
The Union driving them away by treating them like junk.
That's a whole 'nother story.

Point is, there is tons of work.
I'm working 7 days a week, getting tons of routes that are not my regular runs.

Recently I did a few of the morning runs that go from random remote Park N Rides straight Downtown to Stations like Civic Center and Market Street \.

I'm a "counter".
During my normal runs, I can tell you how many people usually can be found at each stop.
How many are on my bus and break it down.
So when I roll up to a  regular stop and there are only 3 and not 4 people, I can say, "Oh yeah that Lady is missing..." and start looking around to see if she's running to the stop.

Even more, I'm able to say, "Oh yeah, that Lady who rides her bike and always wears those bright pink flip flops and smells like fresh cut flowers..."
Oh, and speaking of fresh cut slowers...
Those of you who do these morning jaunts straight downtown, you smell a whole lot better than my normal pick up runs.
LOL
Even the guys tend to smell fresh, got their aftershave and body wash working.

And another observation:
When I arrive early and wait, it's usually the guys who are there earlier and the Ladies who show up at the last minute. Usually but not always and the riders are usually split pretty evenly between men and women.

Just a couple of random observations from my point of view.

You ready to be counted?
Then, "Welcome aboard, find your seats - Let's Roll!"

No comments:

Post a Comment