Monday, July 26, 2010

Man Down Man Down!

You know, like most of the Servicemen in the Armed Forced I was taught that we don't leave anybody behind.
I've carried that into this job.
I do not leave passengers behind.

I twist and turn in my seat, looking left, right, back and forth.
Trying to look for runners, for sneakers, etc.

Today I was leaving the Broadway Station and as I'm creeping out (looking for the last second runners who as they are exiting the light rail, they are realizing they need my bus) I heard the Driver of the Light Rail holler at one of the exiting passengers.

I pulled forward and opened my door so I could hear what was going on.
I was thinking the worst - it must be bad if a Driver lost his top and started hollering at passengers, right?

As I pull up next to them, prepared for the worst and ready to call for help...
The Driver is shaking hands with the passenger, fist bumping actually.
They knew each other, etc.
So I closed my doors and drove away.

As I rounded to driverway to Broadway, I realized that the passenger had heard my door shut and was turning towards the bus.
But this didn't register until I was almost out of the Station.
He must have at first thought I was a nice Driver to pull up to him like that and wait.
Then I was a jerk for leaving him in my dust.

DUDE!
I felt bad.
I was "THAT DRIVER" who drove away at the last second and left a passenger behind.
Having to wait for 15 minutes until the next bus.
I think those Drivers are buttheads.

And now I'm one of them.

To the poor guy I left behind at Broadway Station...
I'm sorry sorry sorry.
Not that you care to hear excuses or that they justify what I did but...
I was pulling forward expecting a confrontation and when I found it was otherwise, I left.
It didn't even dawn on me that you'd be looking for my bus.
Seriously...Sorry...

I felt like a turd. (self censoring!)

No comments:

Post a Comment