Thursday, July 1, 2010

Public Service Announcement - Identity Theft

I hear this all the time but this morning was really bad.

A Lady is sitting beside me on the bus and she calls her bank to cancel some payment she didn't authorize.
I'm not eavesdropping, I'm almost a part of the conversation - she's so loud and close to me.

She's giving the bank the normal information they request when you call - information that identifies her to them:
Her account number, address, date of birth, security password, phone number, etc.
I'm sure you're screaming at the computer screen right now and right then I wanted to scream at her, "STOP!"
But it's none of my business.

But c'mon - there could have been ANYBODY on that bus writting down her information as she spoke it, she was that loud.
And by the time she got home, her identity could have been stolen and she'd have a ton more than just one charge to contest.

Please folks, do your important phone work in private and save the kissy kissy mushy stuff for the bus.
That's what everybody wants to hear.
Then we can give you grief and make kissy kissy noises at you when you're done with your calls!

:P

And as always, "Welcome aboard, find your seats - Let's Roll!"

No comments:

Post a Comment