Saturday, June 26, 2010

Hey Carl Lewis, This Ain't The Olympics!

I've mentioned this before but I need to say it again - DON'T CHASE THE BUS!
Please.

I go out of my way to make sure I don't see anybody chasing me, running to the stop, etc.
If you're walking along with your ear buds in and still can't hear this beast coming up on you, that still doesn't give you an excuse.

If you're trying to get my attention, do a quick run/skip step or two, wave at me, give me the finger, SOMETHING.
But I can't tell of you're just an average Joe or Jane walking down the road or a passenger looking for a ride.

I wave at people, slow down too often for folks who don't want the Ride, I wait at stops that extra few seconds....I go far and above what most other Drivers do.
I give everybody more than a fair chance to get on the bus.

But please, please please - if somehow I've missed you, please don't jump in front of the bus to stop me.
Please don't chase me and pound on the side of the bus.
PLEASE be safe and wait for the next bus.
Please?

I know you're going to be late because you missed the bus.
Sometimes it's because traffic or weather conditions or even passenger loads slow buses down.
Your bus arrives late and you miss a transfer.
Get angry, it's deserved but don't get hurt - that will ruin your day more than being late.
Chasing a bus can hurt you.

As a Driver it scares the pooh outta me when I first hear the pounding then it takes me seconds...
Literally seconds to see you in my mirrors.
Remember, that the Bus has more blind spots than visible ones.
I can mostly see where my tires meet the road.
And the last thing either of us want to see is a tire, the road and YOU.

So please please please, don't go pulling a Carl Lewis and setting a new world record for the 100 metre.
I want to see you tomorrow and I want to keep ALL my regulars.

Welcome aboard, find your seats - Let's Roll!

No comments:

Post a Comment