Monday, June 28, 2010

Union Scares....

Another Driver who is just a month or two newer than I just got a pretty good scare today.
He shares the same views as I do when it comes to Unions and the lower quality Drivers they provide.
When asked he shared this information with a senior Union member (co-worker).
That co-worker (a manager) said, "You'd better not let your Union Brothers hear you say that..."

Out right threatening.

So now I'm scared for not only my job but my personal vehicle, my family and my professional reputation.
All because I share his views and I don't want to hear those threats pointed at me!

You know how tough it is to know your co-workers feel this way about you, harbour this hate and loathing, this malice towards you simply because you are concerned with giving the customer the best product and service you can?

His coworker told him that the Union was responsible for the pay Drivers receive.

I'd like to think that good Drivers would earn that pay from both a gracious employer & customer.
Rather than extort that money and reward bad Drivers the same as the good.

But that's just my opinion and I'm scared for both my professional & physical life to express that and have my "Union Brothers" hear that.

My friend wants to quit now.
He's a great Driver and he's great with customers.
If I were a manager outside of RTD, I'd hire him in an instant because he works for the customers first.

That's the kind of Driver we (and YOU, the customer/passenger) want.

Welcome aboard, find your seats - Let's Roll!

No comments:

Post a Comment