Friday, June 25, 2010

Hurry Up & Slow Down!

Y'all have heard me say before that I like to run 30 seconds to a minute behind on my routes.

But I pointed out that when it comes to major intersections, where there are connecting routes and rails, I make every attempt to be dead on time.

It sounds much more difficult than it is, I crawl through the "pick up dense" stops then hit the speed limits when pick ups thin out.

Today, as I'd come to a Bus Stop I noticed a Regular wasn't there, so I crawled to the stop and looked around to find the guy running towards us. I pulled over and waited all of an extra 30 seconds for him.

Almost immediately I get heckled by a passenger, "Hey, Slow @$%& - can you pick it up a little bit? If this @$$ can't make it to the stop on time, it's his problem, not ours. You're making us late."

The guy yelling at me got hushed by several of the other passengers.

I wanted to (but didn't!) remind him that just ten minutes earlier, I'd crawled up to another stop, 30 seconds behind schedule only to find HIM running late to the stop.

LOL - right?

Welcome aboard, find your seats - Let's Roll!

No comments:

Post a Comment