Thursday, June 24, 2010

Humpty Dumpty Sat On The Wall....

Picture this:

It's a Friday afternoon.
It's hot, sticky - everybody is crammed into the bus all cozy like.
We all just want to get home and start the weekend.
Everybody is chatting, signing and there is a general buzz all about.

Suddenly the bus goes dead quiet and everybody can hear the Driver laughing his butt off for no apparent reason.

What the heck is going on?
Did he finally lose his mind in the downtown traffic?
Should we all be worried and bail off the bus?

LOL

What the passengers didn't see what that I was stopped at the red light.
Another bus pulled up next to me.
We exchanged waves, "Hello"
I played a joke and reached out my window and pretended to mess up his curbside mirror.
In retaliation, the other driver stuck his fingers in his nose and pretended to machine gun boogers at me.

I didn't see that coming and started laughing so hard I was crying.
A few seconds into my outburst I'd realized that the bus had gone deathly quiet and everybody was staring at me, most had gone pale white.
I am usually pretty quick with witty remarks but for the life of me, I was speechless and had nothing to say to break the moment and ease their minds.
So I just abruptly stopped laughing and continued on our route.

It stayed very quiet for the rest of the trip and when I announced last stop, nobody hesitated!


Welcome aboard, find your seats - Let's Roll!

No comments:

Post a Comment