Thursday, June 10, 2010

Stops - In the Name Of Love!

I can't speak for the other drivers but me personally, I fudge my time tables a little bit.
How do I do this you ask?

Well I purposefully try to be 30 to 60 seconds late to all of my stops.
I know that everybody needs to make their connections and get to their stops on time and I try to make the major stops on time but I want to NEVER miss anybody.

Whether it's morning, noon or night, I assume everybody needs to get to work, an appointment or just get home and I don't want anybody to miss the bus getting there.
Some of y'all are wise & experienced and y'all get to your stops early enough to wait for the bus.
I usually creep down the road and up to the stops, giving everybody time to get there.
When you're a "regular" and I don't see you at the stop, I tend to look around a bit more and wait at the stop for a second longer - just in case.
I'm always looking up and down side streets to catch runners who play it to the last second to make it to the stop.
And even when I run a minute late, y'all know you are still running to your stops at the last second.
Nothing is scarier for me (and for the passenger) than to hear a pounding in the back end of the bus, to look in my mirror and see somebody chasing the bus - risking that slip and fall under a wheel that would land us both on the evening news.

Please don't chase the bus, please arrive a few minutes early and please be safe.

We'll get you to your destination, as long as we're both safe and keeping an eye out for one another.

Welcome aboard, find your seats - Let's Roll!

No comments:

Post a Comment